Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the AMNH trip

this is my little report on the trip we had on the 24th (my birthday). the American Museum of Natural History is a good place to go to when u're a tourist in New York (n i've seen a few of them asking for train directions---i know the NYC transit system too well to give wrong directions), or when u haven't been the a lot or not at all. my father took me there when i was a kid A WHOLE LOT and thats probably why i look so upset in that pic on Mary's blog.
but other than that, i got quite a few good notes to do this, but i may have to repost because i forgot my notes at home. this is what could remember off the top of my head:

THE GOTTESMAN HALL OF PLANET EARTH SHOWED ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT THE EARTH THAT MOST PPL DONT KNOW ABOUT. IT SHOWED THE EARTH'S EVER-CHANGING CRUST AND CORE AND ALSO SHOWED EVIDENCE OF GLOBAL WARMING. I VIEWED A SHORT FILM DISCUSSING HOW GLOBAL WARMING IS EFFECTING THE RUSSEL GLACIER AT THE TIP OF SOUTH AMERICA. ALMOST EVERY DAY ANOTHER PIECE OF IT FALLS OFF AND DROPS INTO THE WATER WHERE IT LATER MELTS CAUSING THE SEA LEVELS TO RISE--TO ALMOST WHERE THEY WERE THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO.

i may repost about the trip again later.

No comments: